For Hair and Nailskh3fm
Our hair and nails are made of a protective protein called keratin. We typically lose around 50 to 100 strands of hair daily. However, if the number exceeds 230 strands, there might be underlying conditions that need to be looked into. Hair turns grey as the pigment cells die with age.
Nails grow on average 0.1mm per day depending on your age and gender. Changes in their appearance may be red flags on your health status.
Symptoms of hair loss include:
- Gradual thinning on the head
- Sudden loss of hair
- Full-body hair loss
- Patches of hair loss on the scalp
Symptoms of brittle nails include:
- Discoloration of the entire nail or dark streak appears under the nail
- The shape of the nails becomes curly
- Thinning or thickening of the nails
- Bleeding, swelling or pain around the nails
- The nail becomes separated from the surrounding skin
General causes of hair loss:
- Family History: Male-pattern baldness or female-pattern baldness can be hereditary. The pattern gradually become more visible with age. Men may see their hairline receding while women may notice their hair thinning even more.
- Changes in hormones: Men and women with thyroid problems may experience hormonal changes. Women may see their hormones being drastically affected during pregnancy, childbirth and menopause.
- Medical conditions: Alopecia areata (patchy hair loss), and infections in the scalp may cause hair loss.
- Medications and supplements: Drugs used for cancer, arthritis, depression, heart problems, gout and hypertension may have a side effect of hair thinning.
- Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy involves surgery and chemotherapy especially for head and neck cancers. Since hair follicles are extremely sensitive to radiation, hair loss may occur temporarily or permanently.
- Stress: Temporary hair loss due to stress is common. Some people may experience hair thinning months after experiencing an emotional or physical shock.
- Hairstyling and treatments: Hairstyles which hold the hair too tight and the use of excessive hair styling products may cause hair loss. Hair treatments using hot oil may cause hair follicles inflammation, which could eventually lead to scarring and hair loss.
- Nutrition deficiency: Lack of protein, biotin, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and zinc may cause hair loss. Protein is the building block of hair. Biotin helps with the development of keratin. Omega-3 and omega-6 encourage hair growth, decrease inflammation and nourish hair follicles in the scalp. Zinc is essential for cell division and generating new proteins, such as keratin, for the hair.
Causes of brittle nails
External causes include:
- Excessive hand washing: Washing the hands repeatedly without gloves may cause brittle nails, depending on the type of soap used.
- Manicures: Brittle nails may be caused by the process of manicure as the nails are subjected to chemicals in nail polish and polish removers. Acetone-based removers may be particularly harsh on the nails.
- Lack of protein, biotin and zinc intake: Keratin in the nails is made of protein. Biotin promotes cell growth and zinc promotes healthy growth of nails.
Some underlying causes associated with medical conditions include:
- Iron-deficiency anaemia: The amount of red blood cells decreases due to lack of iron.
- Dehydration: Insufficient intake of water into the body.
- Diseases: Lung and kidney diseases could lead to yellow nails and brown discoloration on the nails respectively.
- Hypothyroidism: The thyroid gland does not produce sufficient hormones which may affect hair growth such as on the eyebrows and body hair. Diffuse hair loss may occur.
MCE Evolution (30 softgels): Enhanced formulation of Marine Cellular Extracts enriched with EPA and DHA from Krill Oil and Fish Oil. These omega-3 fatty acids in fish induces rapid growth of dermal papilla cells of the hair by stimulating cell cycle progression. May help with elevating hair loss and improving hair density.
VP Evolution (30 softgels): Enhanced formulation of Vegetal Placenta Extracts with botanical ingredients boosts protein synthesis for hair and nails, promoting their healthy growth.
AHL Melting Tablets (60 tablets): Contains natural isoflavone, cholecalciferol and biotin to stimulate growth factor production in the scalp and to stabilize hormonal imbalance. Combination of cholecalciferol and biotin helps to elevate hair loss, weak nails, and biotin deficiency. Biotin may help to decrease hair shedding and improve its quality and strength.
Hair and Nails Lifestyle Combination beginner’s pack: MCE Evolution (10 softgels) + VP Evolution (10 softgels) + AHL Melting Tablets (30 tablets)
Recommended daily intake
Hair and Nails Lifestyle Combination 35-day course
1st 15 days to optimize hormone level:
2 tablets of AHL melting tablets
(30 minutes before breakfast)
2nd 10 days to improve quality and density of hair and nails:
1 MCE Evolution softgel
(30 minutes before breakfast)
3rd 10 days to promote growth of hair and nails:
1 VP Evolution softgel
(30 minutes before breakfast)
For individualise intensive (Repair) course, kindly seek our nutritionist advice at email@example.com.
- Avoid frequent hair styling, or adjust to a lower heat setting. Using heat protectant spray on the hair may help from causing further damage.
- Use shampoo, conditioner and hair styling products which can retain moisture in the hair.
- Avoid combing the hair when still wet. A wide tooth comb is recommended until the hair is almost dry.
- Taking hair supplements may be helpful to strengthen the hair.
- Ensure nails are dry and clean to avoid bacteria growing under the nails.
- Practice good hygiene on the nail. Do nail trimming straight across, then round the tips in a curve.
- Moisturize the nails. Hand lotions are good for the nails and cuticles.
- Avoid biting your fingernails or picking at the cuticles.
Natural remedies for healthy hair and nails:
- Consume healthy fats: Since all cell membrane depends on fats in our diet, consuming healthy fats may help to grow strong hair and nails. Examples include avocado, coconut oil and nuts.
- Take supplements with fish oil: Omega-3 fatty acids in the fish oil nourish hair follicles to grow stronger and shinier hair fast. Nails will become stronger and thicker too. The amount of fish oil recommended per day is 3000mg.
- Make sure there is a 30-minute minimum gap in between consumption of supplements.
- Consult your physician if you are taking any medications, pregnant, or lactating, before consuming our products.
- Protocol of consumption is only a general rule of thumb. For personalized nutritional advice, feel free to contact our nutritionist.